Ever fancy yourself as a professional instagrammer? Australia’s very own Lauren Bath is just that, she quit her job as a chef to become a professional photographer, which sees her travel across the globe and has an amazing 286,000 + followers on Instagram. We find out a little more about Lauren…
- What made you want to pursue photography?
I fell in love with photography through using Instagram and find the constant quest to do better is what drives me.
- What device do you use to take pictures?
I use a Nikon D800 and I get the shots to my phone using either an ipad or editing on my laptop and emailing them to myself.
- 5 Tips on taking pictures for Instagram?
1. Use good composition in your photos
2. Keep the composition pretty simple, complicated shots don’t translate well to Instagram.
3. Shoot in good light, soft and warm light is beautiful.
4. Mix it up, try different techniques and don’t get too stuck in a rut.
5. Use the square format when you can, the space is so small – why not use all of it?
- What do you like to photograph the most?
I couldn’t choose, I enjoy almost everything.
- Do you ever turn your photographs into hard copy versions? i.e Canvas prints?
I often print images and put them up on the wall, in frames and in small albums. Yes I have printed a couple of canvases in the past.
- What would you change about instagram if you could?
Less spam! haha
- 3 other Australians you would recommend to follow on instagram?
- Anything else we should know?
You can follow me on instagram here: http://instagram.com/laurenepbath
Check out some of Laurens most popular images below, but there’s so many more so check out her instagram page!
Questions for the PhotoBox readers – Do you use instagram? what do you like / dislike about it?